Halong Bay – Majestic Water
Halong Bay Tours – Vietnam relaxing holiday: Imagine a view of over 2,000 islands rising from the bright green ocean waters. Now after imagining this serene paradise, wouldn’t you like to experience it in person? Ha Long Bay, Vietnam was declared as World Heritage Site in 1994.
These limestone islets are a popular tourist destination of mystical intrigue. Although sometimes compared with Krabi of Thailand and Guilin in China, many tourists find Ha Long Bay more magical. There are caves, beaches and towering peaks that welcome visitors who wish to explore amidst this spectacular display of nature.
Ha Long Bay is a World Heritage site and one of the Seven Natural Wonders of Asia. These two recognitions speak to the significance and uniqueness of the area.
Halong Bay – Majestic Water – Vietnam Tours
When to go to Ha Long Bay
Ha Long Bay can be visited the whole year round, however there are months when the temperature rise and storms develop in the bay. September through November are the best month to enjoy safer weather conditions and cooler temperatures. The months of March, April and May welcome blossoms and new greenery along the various cliffs.
Best Time to go to Ha Long Bay for the Weather
There are two distinctive seasons in Ha Long Bay. One is the wet and hot summer with the other being a cooler and dry winter. The temperatures range through most of the year from 59°F (15°C ) to 77°F (25°C ).
The seasons tend to fall with the following months:
• Summer – June, July and August.
• Autumn – September, October and November.
• Winter – November, January, and February.
• Spring – March, April and May.
Although the probabilities are not high, travelers should be aware that the months between August and October are considered typhoon season. Another note is that Ha Long Bay can be rather foggy during the months running from February through April. Some may like the fog as it adds mystique to the area, whereas others may find this distracting as they wish to see more of the islands.
When to go to Ha Long Bay for Leisure and Tourist Activities
Many festivals observed in Vietnam are related to cultural traditions of China following the lunar calendar which only has 29 1/2 days in a month. The festivals observed in the Ha Long Bay area include the following:
• Tet Nguyen Dan – This is the New Year in Vietnam which happens every late January or early February of the year and is the most celebrated and important observance for the Vietnamese people. Streets and homes are usually seen decorated with colorful flowers and lights, families exchange gifts and the streets are filled with stalls that sell traditional foods.
• Lim Festival – Folk songs are performed during this festival which happens every 13th day of the 1st lunar month. Thousands of locals and visitors from other countries come to Ha Long Bay during this time of the year to also enjoy the festival. There are weaving competitions, dialogue performances, processions and other must-experience activities.
It is important to know when these events. Some travelers seek these events out to experience special aspects of other cultures. Others find the extra crowds detract from their experience of the serenity that comes with Ha Long Bay. Deciding to travel during one of these festivals is your choice, but making you aware is important./.