Tour of Laos – TIP: It’s no problem to reverse this tour or any other tour featured; just contact us for more details. However, this below perfect itineraries are mixed between experiencing modern town of Vientiane and journey to remote spectacular landscape of Vang Vieng mountain karst and mountain range of northern Laos and the end of your trip at UNESCO ancient town of Luang Prabang where is the Laos’ popular tourist destinations that you should not miss out.
Upon arrival at Wattay International Airport, you will be met by your Local Guide and transferred to your hotel.
Time permitting (depending on your arrival time). We visit the city. It is enables you to see the major temples of Vientiane including the oldest, Wat Sisaket, with its thousands of miniature Buddha statues, and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. We also visit the national icon of Laos, That Luang Stupa, stopping along the way to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph, from there you visit COPE Center. The COPE was created in response to the need to provide UXO survivors with the care and support they required, namely by way of orthotic and prosthetic devices. This museum was set after in 1997 to help covering the victim during Indochina war. Overnight in Vientiane.
Meals: 1 Breakfast
After an early breakfast we depart the capital for our journey northbound. Our drive will take approximately 4 hours passing through spectacular countryside before climbing into the mountains. There will be photo opportunities along the way and a stop at a colourful local market where various hill tribes come to trade goods and buy provisions.
We will arrive in the midst of the stunningly beautiful scenery of Vang Vieng in time for lunch at the Organic Farm where you can eat traditional Lao food and sample some roasted goat cheese and mulberry wine.
After lunch we will visit the famous Than Jang Cave, once used by local people as a hideout from Chinese invaders. The rest of the afternoon is free to explore Vang Vieng by foot or bicycle, take a boat ride up river or just relax by the pool at your hotel. Overnight in Vang Vieng.
This morning we drive further into the mountains passing spectacular scenery and numerous hill tribe villages. We will lunch at an altitude of approximately 1,300 meters above sea level surrounded by the endless mountain peaks of this remote region.
After lunch we continue on along Route 13 stopping for photo opportunities and arriving in Luang Prabang early evening. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
After breakfast at your hotel we will head off on bicycles to see some of the highlights of Luang Prabang including a visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts from the Royal period in Luang Prabang. Cycling on, we are seeing the city’s oldest temples, the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roof sweeping low to the ground, representing classical Lao architecture, the impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrine of Wat Aham.
After relaxing at your hotel to let you lunch settle we will pay a late afternoon visit the Arts and Ethnology Centre to learn about Laos’ many ethnic cultures. You can enjoy a coffee at the center’s café if you chose before our climb to the top of Mount Phousi to explore the sacred gilded stupa and to enjoy the panoramic view of the city and the sun setting over the Mekong River.
Descanting the mountain your will find yourself in the midst of the famous Luang Prabang Night Market, where you can find a unique selection of handmade textiles and handicrafts locally made by both ethnic Lao and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
This morning we drive to Khouangsi Waterfall stopping along the way to visit the morning Phousi Market, this where all locals of Luang Prabang come to do their daily shopping. You will see a variety of local foodstuffs and products including dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, fish, vegetables and fruit, everything needed for daily life in Laos.
On arrival at the Khouangsi Waterfall you will have the opportunity to cool off with a refreshing swim in the topaz pools below the falls, walk along the forest trails and visit the Bear Sanctuary. You will also enjoy a Picnic lunch below the falls.
Upon return to Luang Prabang we board our private boat for a pleasant and scenic cruise up on the Mekong River to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves. These caves are an ancient pilgrimage site and contain thousands of gold lacquered Buddha images left there over hundreds of years.
Returning to Luang Prabang we disembark our boat and have the option of taking a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village famous for its hand weaving or returning to the hotel for free time to relax. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Meals: 1 Breakfast
This morning you have free time before being transferred to the airport for your departing flight./.
Included in above prices:
• Accommodation in twin shared basis.
• Private, Air-conditioned Transport.
• Boat trips as stated in the itinerary.
• English speaking guide.
• Admission fees to sites stated in the itinerary.
• Meals: As indicated in above itinerary = B, L, D.
• Gov’t taxs and service charges.
• Luggage handling.
• Drinking water.
Exclusive of above prices:
• Visas and Immigration fees on arrival.
• Domestic air ticket.
• Int’l air tickets to/from Laos.
• Travel and/or Medical Insurance.
• Lunch or dinner unless stated in the itinerary.
• Single suppl. room accommodation (quoted separately).
• Child or adult in triple share accommodation.
• Foreign language guides other than English.
• Peak Season or Special Events Surcharges.
• Tip, drinks and other personal expenses.
• Itinerary is subject to change depending on flight availability, road and/or weather conditions and room availability.
• Group of 10 persons and above will use separate vehicle in Luang Prabang due to UNESCO restrictions on large coaches entering downtown Luang Prabang.
• Hotels listed above may not meet international star rating standards, especially in the remote areas where accommodation options are limited.
• Room rates quoted above do not include compulsory fees for special events, peak season such as Christmas and New Year or Gala Dinners etc.
• Prices are subject to change at any time as a result of VAT, Fuel Excise or other tax increases and USD currency fluctuations./.